apparantly the ab ripper and mason twist can do some major "twisting" of your insides as well...
Okay...so I suppose the accusations are a bit harsh...especially to all my die hard Beach body friends...
Believe me, it was a hard blow for me too...I've tried doing p90x 3 different times...the first time I fractured my leg, the 2nd and 3rd time left me thinking I either had throat cancer or was having a heart attack...
Turns out, it's just a form of acid reflux caused by the extreme straining and twisting of my body trying to achieve those killer abs...I think my dear Italian Stallion is going to have to get used to seein' a little muffin top from here on out...
And really, it just means that there is more of me to love...
Now granted, my doctor didn't tell me that I couldn't exercise at all...she "might" have said that cardio workouts are still just fine...however, I may or may not have just spaced out there in my absolute delight of discovering that I didn't have cancer (that and the fact that I probably have some ADD issues...but that's a whole 'nother story)
I'm not trying to make humor at a cancer diagnosis'...I'm one of those people that when something goes "awry" in my daily life, my mind just goes there...do not pass GO, do not collect $200...it goes straight to the worst case scenario. It's a gift I have:)
So anyway, currently I AM able to swallow without feeling like I have a golfball lodged in my throat and I can eat without jerking my head & neck in a weird directions as if having a seizure, without calling attention to myself in the middle of a restaurant where my husband needs to give me the STARE as if to say, "Oh my goodness, would you stop that and just take a sip of WATER!"
I still have those "ghost pains" of where the swallowing and "wake me out of dead sleep in the middle of the night" pains WERE...back when it was hurting so badly that I assumed I had cancer (are you getting the picture here...I can tell you, I am a PEACH to live with!!!)
So, we'll see if the meds work...of course, I'll be the one eating my Christmas cookies and NOT working out, so I don't expect to be feeling anything other than overweight and "sugar-fied" for the next month anyway:) The doctor did say that if the pain came back that I'd have to have some type of "scope" thing...I didn't want her to elaborate on that "possibility"...I already have my own imagined "nightmares"... so,I don't need "reality" hitting me upside the head as well...
Just thought I'd let you know what was up with me...we're still knee deep in all our advent traditions and getting excited to see loved ones very soon...hope your December is everything you hoped it would be!