Sunday, December 4, 2011

Countdown to Christmas Part 2

I LOVE traditions...I love that there is something that I can count on every year...

My girls love it too...my eldest, especially, is a romantic at heart...(sorta like her momma) she fantasizes about each "tradition" and how "wonderful" it will be...(which is also the reason she asks to be the FIRST to do everything...and whenever we allow her that chance, she does it with FLAIR)

From the time Italian Stallion was a boy, he has gone to Fly Away Tree Farm to chop down a Christmas tree...his cousins own the place and we love to go in a visit every first weekend of December.  Without fail, we find our "perfect" tree and drink gallons of hot cocoa and listen to stories from Martha & Marcia before heading back down the street to our house.  I will tell you that they have some funny ones to share too:)  (just FYI: they are twin sisters...it's Martha & Dave's farm, but all the family come in to work the Tree Weekend...this year, stories revolved around Martha & Marcia's "Europe Tour"...let's just say that after having $900 stolen and shimmy-ing themselves under locked doors...well, we were rolling in laughter)

I thought I'd share a few pictures from "through the years"

***note: can't find my 2008 picture of the tree farm...even though I have stellar organizational skills...I know, it's mind-boggling!!! ALSO, before 2005 I did not own a digital camera...and I'm too lazy to go find pictures and scan them in...so there***






 and THIS year...again, the PERFECT TREE:)

We had a great time starting our Advent traditions this year...I love that cutting down the tree is part of them!