This is Pippa:)
She is our new puppy.
Yes, we got a dog.
No, I'm not going through "baby" withdrawal and therefore needed to somehow get a baby fix...although, perhaps, maybe that might have been a very small percentage of the reason why we felt it necessary at this time, as school begins, to wake up in the night to take a puppy out to pee and deal with "accidents" all through our house for no other reason that the pure pleasure of having a tiny puppy nip at our heels and bark at flies...
that was a very long sentence and I'm not even sure it qualifies as one in the first place...
but again, I'm off topic.
We have a dog.
Her name is Pippa and she is a miniature aussiedoodle...her momma is a miniature australian shepherd and her daddy is a toy poodle. She was one of 4 girls...which makes her quite suitable for our princess household.
I'm happy to say that she likes her crate and hasn't had accidents in there.
I'm not so happy to announce that she finds no qualms about relieving herself pretty much anywhere else in our house:)
She's a big ball of fluffy, soft fur and the girls love her.
Italian Stallion came up with the name...I originally wanted Molly ...Sweetpea originally wanted Annie ...Peanut was rooting for Chelsea (because that's Daddy's favorite soccer team)...and Lil Munchkin had a slew of names that ranged from Bob to Sophia Elyssa Kate Puppy Girl
In the end, we decided that since she was of "Australian" descent, that she needed a British name...and what better name that one associated with royalty right?
Her nicknames already include Lil Pips, Pip and Pipsqueak.
She will probably grow to be around 20 lbs (or so)...
Currently she enjoys pouncing on balls, chewing on leaves, peeing on the carpet, giving kisses, and dropping down in the middle of an afternoon romp because I swear she just likes to watch me try to figure out how to get her to get back up again.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I have a tad bit of anxiousness surrounding a decision to add this "member of the family"...mostly because I've never owned a puppy and I really don't want to mess it up...but, then again, my own babies have turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself...so, I'm hoping that if I keep my expectations reasonable, in a few (maybe more:) months, she'll be a gem:)
School is starting and my heart is all anxious about that as well...I can't really put my finger on it, but I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that my kiddos are growing up and becoming more independent...and therefore, I lose more "control" (as if I actually HAVE control over anything in the first place)...but in my "happy place" of my mind, everything is peachy keen when they are with me 100% of the time...it's when I have to let them go and semi-fend for themselves that I get a little worrisome.
Lil Munchkin and I will be staying home this year and hitting the
I'll try to get back into my routine of writing again...I miss it:) plus, who would want to miss my rivoting accounts of "Pippa, the dog from the world down under"???
