So after charging to COSI all day Monday, attacking the ZOO on Tuesday and then burning the rest of our energy running around outside all morning & afternoon on Wednesday, we piled into the car and headed on our way..
And we had a blast...we went to schools to see Papa teach, we ate at restaurants, made fishing poles out of stray lines and fished in the river, played with Ebby, took pictures of 4 generations of girls...
traveling up to Uncle Don's house we experienced the trampoline, watching turtles go down slides, and I even was able to partake in a Green Smoothie consisting of spinach, celery, apples, bananas and I'm sure some other things that they didn't tell me:)
And although we (and by we, I mean ME) are a tad on the tired side:)...we had an unforgettable time!
It was on the way home, traveling in our new van (did I forget to mention that part?...that's a whole 'nother story that I will relay at a different time...) that I learned a few things...
#1 do NOT give your children large sodas for the car ride, not matter that they are "DYING of thirst" and promise that they won't have to go to the bathroom because, goodness knows, they JUST went before we left.
#2 your children WILL have to go to the bathroom 30 minutes later...except for your youngest, whom will swear up and down that she does NOT have to go and that she has "no pee pees" left...
#3 once you pass every since rest stop, fast food restaurant, gas station and every other imaginable stop and there isn't a sign in sight...it is at that point that your youngest will announce, "Mommy, I have to go pee NOW!"...
#4 don't bother searching for a restaurant listening to the tune of "hurry mommy, it's coming!"...just stop on the side of the road and proceed with helping your youngest with a nature tinkle...
#5 have a clean napkin available during long trips...wiping young children's bummy with ketchup and mustard smeared napkins will indeed cause the rest of your children (including yourself) to be a tad grossed out.
#6 car rides are more fun with another adult in the car:)...or at least a bit more manageable:)
Looking forward to a new week...one in which bathrooms are merely a few steps away:)




