Monday, March 19, 2012

Signs of Spring

I'll be honest, I'm a little nervous to say that Spring has arrived...it's not foreign to us midwesterners to discover ourselves knee deep in snow in April...so I am hesitant to "make it official"...

However, I have seen a few "signs of Spring" around our house...and I thought I'd share them:)

It's always fun to see sneakers traded for crocs and flip flops chosen over mary janes...no, not exactly the most "princess-esque" fashion style, but I am known for dressing for comfort rather than what's "in style"...my girls tend to follow suit...therefore...sandals, here we come!

Next up, are the buds on the trees...I think my father in law counted around 36 trees in our yard one year...we just keep adding more...sure, it's something to mow around, but I have such high hopes of telling grandchildren about "when Granddad planted this tree...blah blah blah"


Of course, with tree buds, come flowers and with flowers come something that I'm not necessarily looking forward too...I've adopted my mother's fear of these flying insects and with allergic reactions running in Italian Stallion's family...let's just say that I'm none too pleased to see these things already:( Although, they do make my little tree look beautiful!


When the girls get out the sleeveless dresses and the skorts and start rompin' in the backyard...ahhh, I know spring has to be around the corner...We love being outside...picnics, swings, chalk drawings, bikes & scooters...it's great!



BUT...NOTHING says warm weather is here, than the annual burning of the Christmas Tree:)
Italian Stallion makes himself a "big ole white man fire" while we girls run inside for safety...good grief! He only did part of the tree this weekend, and for that I am thankful...visions of gauze and extinguishers fill my dreams, so the slower he takes it, the better sleep for me:)

What hints of Spring have you found already???