Monday, March 5, 2012

Things and Stuff and other Paraphernalia

This post really has nothing important to say other than the "stuff" that is going on in my life...so please just make your way through the paragraphs, or skip it altogether...the weather has finally turned cold and I'm frozen to my chair at the moment and my fingers feel like icicles...

Peanut's basketball season is coming to a close...only one more game and we're finished with that sport (hopefully just until next year)  I gotta admit, I have enjoyed getting back to my roots (at which point my husband will fall off his chair laughing at this statement...but, I'm going to continue regardless)  I played basketball as a youngster-ish person...I joined the junior high team in 7th grade and continued through high school.  Now, granted, there were only about 7 or so, girls on my JV team, so I was probably ON the team for the simple fact that I existed and had a body.  My greatest asset (I was told by the Varsity coach) was that I could set a pick.  For me, that consisted of me crossing my arms in front of me (although, really, not much there to protect...but I digress)...closing my eyes and locking my knees.  I would often get plowed to the ground, but I was so short, noone ever saw me coming:)  yippee for my team!

Soccer will start up again for Sweetpea...and Peanut has decided to give it one more go...we'll see how that pans out.  I'm looking forward to wearing my Christmas white/black polka dot boots and running up and down the side lines screaming to the girls whilst my husband shoots me dagger eyes and texts from his coaching stance, "WHERE ARE THE OTHER CHILDREN THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING DURING THE GAME???"

The workouts are continuing, however, I feel as if I could probably sit on the couch, eat peanut butter covered bananas and pop jelly beans all evening and I'd get the same results.  It's a sad time approaching 40:(

We got our taxes figured out and I'd like to say that although I do understand and fully comply with God's word on the matter concerning "rendering unto Ceaser what is Ceasers"...I am in pretty much full hatred of Ceasar...I have discovered that as a "small business owner", I only get to keep about 1/2 of what I make...HALF...50 %...5.0.  After I pay out for the CDs, covers, ribbon, paper, ink cartridges, camera straps, etc... etc...etc...I then get to give half of that which is left over to the politicians that run the country:)  I suppose they need it for new socks and whatnot...UGH...

I'm a little bitter...

Little Munchkin and I are having quite the fun times during our days together of late...she's learning to read and I'm learning how to be patient...she's doing a great job, but I do have to be sure to change things up every 7-8 minutes because she gets bored with the same ole things...it keeps me on my toes at least:)  When it gets too tiring for me, I just read to her and then we end up sitting there for a longgggg time...I'm trying to relish in these moments, as they will be my last...until grandchildren I suppose:) She needed to reiterate this fact to me the other day..."Mommy, I am your third baby right?...You had 3 babies, but you are not having any more babies right?...and you can't have DOG babies...can you?"

We might be getting a puppy this spring.

The principal at my girls' school asked me when I was going to get my teaching certificate renewed and head back into the classroom...I replied, "umm, probably never...but thank you for considering it and even asking:) "  I think I'd like to substitute teach perhaps, but not sure about the whole "I'm going to be in charge of the classroom" thing again...actually, I'm kinda "sure" that I DON'T want to do that again...but I never know what will happen once all my girlies are in school full time...WHICH brings me to the fact that we have made an important decision of late, and that is to hold Little Munchkin for another year instead of sending her to Kindergarten in the fall. It's not because she's not academically or even socially ready actually, because she sorta is:)...it has more to do with the fact that, since she's a summer birthday, we CAN...we get to keep her home an extra year...one more year to have her under our roof before we send her into the great world of the unknown, as a teenager:)  I'm so thankful for our school (whom I've already informed of our decision) and the teachers are so incredible that I don't need to worry about "if" she'll be bored...they will challenge her regardless, so no big deal...worse case, I'll be available to "help" in classrooms and I"m sure "mommy" can come up with some challenges if need be:)

My husband is cleaning the kitchen as I sit here pattering away on the keys...he just got finished complaining about my collection of mugs...he just found one from Easter Michigan University Presidential Competition in 1991, of which I apparantly was a participant.  HE is finding much humor in calling me a Nerd...

Said husband is working on finishing the basement.  I am having fun pinning all sorts of ideas to pinterest in the hopes of finding the right decor for down there.  This was the 'basement project' that began LAST March...the same one "we" promised would be finished by the end of the summer or at the latest, by Christmas...and by "we", I mean, "HE"...

SO THERE...nerdy mug finder!!!

I love my husband:)  We make a good team...

well, except if we wanted to coach together...he won't touch that idea with a 10 foot pole...'cause let's face it friends, I'm pretty awesome when it comes to basketball remember? :)