And so, a few days back I started taking stock of what was important and what I really wanted to be doing...
I realized that investing into my girls and husband was definitely at the top of the list...NOT that they had moved mind you...it's just that I didn't have a list persay...everything was just crammed into a big ole box of "stuff" and I got to when things needed to be done or happened to float to the top...
So what does this mean in real life terms? Basically it just means that I'm trying to pay more attention and living not with just a check off of chores, but figuring out what really means the most and purposefully focusing on those things in a day.
Wow...I'm totally being vague and I know it, but the point is, is that it makes sense to me...it translates into really trying to figure out my tween Sweetpea and concentrating on being more patient with her. It means sitting down with Peanut and doing homework with her instead of letting her do it at the table while I make dinner. It means letting Little Munchkin "share" some of my make-up in the mornings as we get ready for our day. She likes to point out my "nibbles", which is her word for Mommy's Acne:) FUN It means consciously being aware of what I'm eating and purposefully exercising, even if it means it does nothing to my waistline:(
I haven't spent as much time on facebook, or email or even reading a ton of books...but, I have saved up ideas for crafty things for Little Munch and I do to...right in time for St. Paddy's Day too:)
We've enjoyed our days at the zoo and riding bikes...afternoons at the park and grocery shopping...painting our nails and baking things together...even coloring huge murals...just because:)
I'm forcing myself to just tackle one part of my house at a time...and trying not to get frustrated when it's not perfect...
We had a great bonfire tonight and just relaxed together while the girls performed some craziness around the fire pit:)
Life is good...I want to remember that and keep my focus as such:)




