It could be because I stay up too late at night and therefore the sun rises way to early for my liking.
Must mostly, I just think I'm wired that way. All my ideas come to me at nighttime, not in the morning. In the morning, I'm too concerned with trying to figure out which way to lay in bed so as to block as much sunlight coming from the window OR wall light reflecting from the mirror in the bathroom as my hubby readies himself for work.
I don't like morning breath, bed head or the fact that I have to shower...don't get me wrong, I LIKE to shower...it's just that it's one more thing on the list of to-do every morning...
It starts like this:
this is usually the time I roll over to watch the clock...I know, I know, it's "late" for some of you, but for me...after getting to bed...ohhh, around 1-ish, this is just soooo stinkin' early...
It's then shuffle to the bathroom to brush my teeth so that Italian Stallion will kiss me goodbye before he leaves and then I head downstairs to make coffee...
Of which I will microwave to heat up AT LEAST 8 times in 2 hours...see below:
Then, it's off to packing lunches, waking the girls, making pancakes, brushing hair, fixing juice for Munchkin, finding socks, locating shoes and then getting them out to the bus whilst still in my pajamas...because let's remember, this Momma ain't a morning person...bless the people at the bus stop who don't mind my pajama bottoms and no-make up face each and every morning! We're not vain here at the Italian household...nope, not one bit:)
Once the older girls are off to school, I come back inside usually to find Little Munchkin plunking Jingle Bells on the piano. It's the one song she has memorized and likes to let me listen to it many times in a day...
I then do my customary, "Umm, Mommy needs to use the bathroom sweetheart, you just drink your juice and why don't you watch Super Why for a bit?" At which point, I scurry upstairs, grab a book and have some "private time" until my brain starts to actually warm up to the fact that I am awake and need to stay that way for the WHOLE DAY!
At this point, I know that the "torture" portion of the morning has finally arrived...and I head down to the dungeon to do the deed...
I really don't know why I continue to do this to myself other than the fact that I tell myself that it must be good for my heart to continue to run, lift weights and contort my body into positions that cause pain on a daily basis...because, lord knows it's doing nothing else...
By the time I'm a big sweaty mess, I need to check my facebook, email and find an adult to speak to for just a few moments...poor Anne-Marie is usually the person who is graced with my voice each morning...she is a patient woman.
And then...I shower...and the day begins...officially...
Now, I'm normally about 30-45 minutes OFF schedule for whatever I had planned for the day...but Little Munchkin is forgiving...and as long as I "let her win" at a game or two...there is peace in the house:)
That's the jist of my mornings...I lead a charmed life...what can I say:)






