Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lack of Fashion Post:)

I do not consider myself a fashion guru..

Who am i kidding?  I HAVE no fashion sense...

Me, who wore pjs to high school...whom the other cheerleaders had to beg to shave her legs...what TMI?  sorry...

the point is, if it doesn't go with blue jeans, it doesn't necessarily work in my closet...

this can be a stumbling block when going to functions with my husband where proper attire is required...and by proper, I mean something other than flip flops, denim and a t-shirt with yellow armpit stains...(I'm the picture of the professional I tell ya!)

In just awhile I'll be heading off with my hubby for some R&R on a company trip...I actually had fun planning for the trip last year...goin' and gettin' my pretty tops and picking out dresses...

This year however...

ummm...life just got in the way of my "fashionista" (or lack thereof) desires...that and laundry, soccer, snow, finishing the basement, homework, photo sessions, cleaning out the closet, NOT unclogging toilets...you get the idea...

and yet...the day approaches...so I go smart and did some shopping online for just a few items for the trip...all in all, I'll be wearing the same things as last year...but considering I'm normally the one behind the camera, I'm not going to stress about it...

but, because I KNOW my aunt will LOVE seeing stuff that I've gotten and because I love her to pieces...I'm sharing some key items:)

I purchased this skirt: SKIRT  to go with an old dark purple ruffley tank top from last year.

I also purchased the black version of this dress from Target, for some reason the picture in the color black isn't showing...so, here's the gist of it DRESS: I have no idea what kind of jewelry to wear with it, but I'm hoping that something colorful will pop out of thin air...either that, or Sweetpea is working on a SWEET Starburst wrapper chain necklace...could be making a fashion statement in the long run...

I got these SHOES as well...I got the darker version, but again, Target must be having some picture techno problems b/c half of their photos are "unavailable" and I won't come back to this post to fix it later...I like these b/c they are different and cheap...cheap being the main word here...

All the other days I"m just wearing whatever I have in my closet already...which consists of jersey tanks, jersey skirts, and a pair of white capris...

I figure I'll be spending most of the days in my swim suit...which I now own a plain black from Athleta from last year and a plain brown from overstocks at landsend...I was kinda disappointed that I couldn't find a more colorful suit this year, but compare that with the amount of actual time I spend in a swimsuit on a normal basis and it's really not THAT important...

I will say that p90x is kickin' my behind...The scale hasn't changed drastically, but my body has morphed in areas...I feel a whole lot stronger than before...which also means that I can single-handedly run the length of a football field with Little Munchkin in my arms as she squeals loudly, "I gotta go potty Mommy...NOW!" heading toward the only toilet in the middle of a soccer game in pouring rain, whipping winds and temperatures lower than they EVER should be for April...

and for THAT (the "being strong" part) I am thankful..

so...that's the plan right now...Italian Stallion and I are in need of some together time...he's been away a LOT this year...and between my crazy OCD and inward worries and his burden of providing and taking care of the family...we are both "feelin" the stress inside...so we are thankful for this time together and for the generosity of the company who will be sending us and indulging us with their foods and sunshine...and the occassional poolside dakuri:)