I'm attempting to get back into my exercising groove...
Perhaps that's putting it on a bit too strong...it's more like an exercising ice rink or maybe I could refer to it as an exercising slide 'n' slide...basically, what I'm saying is that there are NO grooves to speak of...
I'm just trying to keep the little pooch at bay...sorta...although I'm not really depriving myself of my soda, coffee, chocolate or anything else that tickles my fancy...
the point of the matter is that I tried running again this morning...ran a whole 24 minutes before I flat out ripped that cord out of the treadmill, sat down, and continued my total engrossment in the wedding coverage of William & Kate...I love me some good royalty!!!
During my "exercise-craze" I happened upon a commercial about a hair shampoo that is supposedly the next best thing next to Sunchips and whoever invented the Cadbury egg...well, I would beg to differ on that, but I listened intently just in case...they kept talking about the natural ingredients, the natural cleansing, the natural non-stripping of your hair...the natural research...good grief, by the time they were done, I needed myself some freshly squeezed orange juice and home made bread! All this talk of "natural" at the LOW LOW cost of $50 for a 30 day supply...I decided that I could probably come up with some "au natural" way to wash my own hair...
You know me...gotta "make it myself"...
Therefore, I rummaged through my baking supplies until I located some vinegar and baking soda...I use THAT for cleaning all the time...
so, what the heck...it couldn't do THAT much damage if I used it on my hair...and so I tried using a big glob of baking soda to cleanse my hair this morning...I proceeded to put my regular conditioner on afterwards...I gotta tell ya...it worked some wonders...my hair turned out shiny and smooth...
And all this for the EXPENSIVE cost of $1.60 for a box of baking soda!
Moving on from my "natural" finds...I discovered that sometimes it IS beneficial to use more tactical and technical procedures in order to produce a positive outcome...
You see, 1 of my 2 external hard drives decided that it didn't want to work any more...For those not understanding what that means...basically, an external hard drive is like a file cabinet for me...but it wouldnt' allow the computer to open file cabinet drawers...This is a BIG problem seeing as I hadn't completed copying and backing up ALL the files just yet...And, I had just downloaded a bunch of pictures from photo shoots and our trip to Nevis...
I tried all the things you'd normally do...turn everything off, boot up again...unplug and try different sockets...disconnect and reconnect...NOTHING worked...
So, then I dug into the realms of my deeply experienced, technically advanced mind and decided to try a very precise technique...
I smacked that sucker silly and then dropped it from a fairly high point onto my desk in pure frustration!!!
WA-LA...
It started running again and I was able to copy what I needed before it kicked the bucket!
I'm thinking that "au natural" is the way of the future people!!!