and that I didn't need to wear layers of wool and turtlenecks that cause me to sweat profuesly from my armpits...it's a known fact that I have "issues" with perspiration...I don't think I can claim the name "perspiration" for my "condition"... it's more like sweating buckets...and with the availability to wear sleeveless shirts possibly upon us...well, I'm just happy!
We also took the opportunity today to plant our "spring" garden...It's really just the "garden", but we plant the spring stuff...like potatoes, onions, carrots, sugar daddy peas, lettuces and spinach...
We all got out there after Daddy got the rotatiller goin' and started with our planting...I don't claim to have a green thumb, nor do I claim to actually know a ton about gardening...we basically just try it and hope it grows...
This fact was proven today when, after planting 30 potato plants, I came back inside a little skeptical at what I had just done...or rather, what I had just taught my daughters to do...
I'm sure my best friend from college will appreciate this (sorry sweet friend to call you out:) b/c at one time she taught her entire class of elementary school students how to draw a rainbow...BACKWARDS...
Oh yes, they all had drawings starting at the top with violet...she taught them V.I.B. G. Y.O.R instead of Roy G Biv...
And that's kinda what I did today with the potato planting...sorta...
As I said, I don't claim to actually know what I'm doing...I'm not sure what we ever did without google at our finger tips...b/c surely I wouldn't have driven out to the nearest library and searched out the card catalog for books on potatoes...
Apparantly, my long term memory is about as
I put them cut side up...WRONG!
After watching 3 "DIY" type videos from google and youtube, I had to march back out to the garden, dig up what I had just planted and RE-plant it all...oh well...
My Italian Stallion had such encouraging words when I came back inside, "Ya know, it makes sense to plant it with the eyes up...I mean, that's where the plant is coming from."
WOW...thanks for that insight dear...AFTER the fact!
Anyway...it's all in the ground now...we'll be harvesting some yummy stuff come the end of June, beginning of July and ready to start more summer veggies in their place.



