
It's hard for anyone to step out of their comfort zone. We like the "area" we are in and it makes us feel safe and "in control". I've got to believe that we all have one...a comfort zone that is! Anyway, my eldest has always had a thing about being clean. Never used a bib, never had messes on the floor, she never let her nose drip...even as a 2 year old, she would run for a kleenex before I could even get to her, she loves her smocks (that keep her clean when painting), but she never did attempt finger painting (too messy of course)...all that said, every year around this "pumpkin carving" time of year, I always ask if she'd like to help carve one pumpkin. She's content to just draw the face and sit back and watch as we all get up to our elbows in goo...UNTIL THIS YEAR!!!
She actually got into it...it was great...we had stuff in our hair and she was all ready to go! I LOVE when my kids finally feel the confidence that they need in order to step out of that "comfort zone" and try something new! Being a leader is hard, being alone is hard, trying something that you need to be brave for is hard...let's face it...anytime we experience change or something different, it rocks us a little...and I'm learning to be thankful for it...it's that "building character" again!
Sooo...we had a great evening...got MESSY and had some fun...here are just a couple CRAZY pics of the girls!

