Monday, October 6, 2008

Fairy Homes

We are a household of girls...well, except daddy of course...but, let's face it...he's vastly outnumbered. Therefore, princesses rule and so do american girls, baby dolls, ballerinas, the color pink or purple, dress up clothes, polly pockets and fairies!

I never dreamed that I would be a mom to girls...I always pictured myself as having a little brood of boys...but God knows me better than I know myself...and so today, with joyfulness and glee...we all set out to create some fairy houses in our front yard!!!

I know there is a book out there about these things, but we've never found it...so we just made up stuff as we went...sticks and bark make a great table, clover leaves for placemats, acorn shells for cups...a shell for a bed and leaves for the covers...we worked plenty this afternoon to make this little haven for some small fairy to call home.


I hope they keep that imagination and those niave, playful minds for a little while longer...it's so much fun!!!