Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's Driving Me POTATOES!!!

I need to write down the little comments that my kids say. Actually, I do write them down...now if I could just remember where i put them...(but that's a whole 'nother topic about my disorganization)...
My eldest just came down the stairs after being in bed for about 15 minutes...you can tell she is perturbed...scratching her side like crazy...and she blurts out, most emphatically and with complete sincerity..."I have a mosquito bite and it's driving me POTATOES!"...
Daddy jumps in with the correction, "Uh, sweetie...that's bananas, not potatoes..."
My girls crack me up! Last fall my husband was trying to get our middle child dressed for church, she kept crying every time he suggested something to wear..."I don't want to wear a frog's tail Daddy!" "Daddy" didn't understand what she was trying to communicate...so he replies, "point out the frog's tail E." She points... "OHHHH...you mean a turtle neck!"
I don't know where they get these cute expressions, but boy it makes me smile when they do!