Wednesday, January 16, 2013

SEEING more clearly...


A friend of mine directed me to this magazine...I don't have a subscription to it, but I want one now:)  I love the magazine's about me page where it says:

Our lives are the sum
Of each moment and interaction.
Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember…
And work at it all again the next day.
Within seemingly small moments we find opportunity
To build relationships, develop character, find joy
For the price of our time.
Life’s most essential possibilities are realized at home.
Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give
Our best without praise or fanfare.
Because every effort, every moment matters
In the development of a person.
Nothing is really routine.
To all who see the everyday.


I know that I shared Ann Voskamp's video last year...

Both of these combined seem to encapsulate what I really want this year...and here it is only 2.5 weeks into the new year and I'm struggling in my moment by moment...

I get so distracted...so pulled off course...

my lack of time management skills...NO...that's not it...it's my lack of SEEING what's truly important and what I feel necessary to CHECK OFF MY LIST!!!

When will I get it right?

And then I stop...

and I remember the One who is control of ALL of my moments... and I am utterly thankful for His grace...

I wonder if He rolls His eyes when I realize yet again that the attraction of facebook pulled me away, yet again, from finishing a song with Little Munchkin...or the distraction of housework yanked me away from spending time with a friend...

Thankful that He doesn't give up on me...even if I sometimes give up on myself...

I soooo want to SEE more clearly!!!