That's not really what happened though..in fact, things got crazy busy...
apparantly, lots of babies like to be born in May and so I've been snapping pictures like a crazy woman...and of course, my FAVE time of year: the Memorial Tournament...where I get to spend about 19 hours straight of following around the people of Italian Stallion's company taking pictures of them "working" (as they like to call it), I call it "play-working"...this is because I'm taking pictures of them eating, drinking, golfing, drinking, shooting, drinking some more:), eating again, getting awards, cooking, tasting some wine, and finally, I get to tour around Muirfield and snap pictures of my favorite golfers too:)
And then there were performances for Sweetpea and Peanut...amazing duets sung, violins played, poems recited...and a couple of awesome field trips thrown in for good measure. I will say that on Sweetpea's trip I had a deja vu moment and I couldn't figure out why I felt like I had been there before...until I remembered that "DUH" I taught fourth grade once upon a time and pretty much all 4th graders head to the state house at some point for the study of gov't....I believe my "baby-birthing" time has considerably rid me of many brain cells:)
anyhoo...there were some more photo shoots...
and, did I mention that I somehow got poison ivy in there around that time too?
I can't forget Insanity either...how could I? It's my 6:30am routine now...and though I refuse to follow an eating plan, I will say that it's kickin' me in the patooty and I'm glad for it! Only a couple more weeks to go until I've officially finished round 1 (yes, I said round 1, because I think I'm "insanely" going to go for a round 2...just to see what happens)
And so, I've finally come to a moment where I feel like I can take a breath...my camera has been used almost exclusively for others, and so I took a walk around our yard today just for the pure pleasure of it and snapped a few pictures of just life here...in the serenity of our home...
I think we're going to need to look for a new place for our blueberry bushes and the trees surrounding has caused such shade that they are none too happy:(
The cat tails on the other hand are loving their life in the makeshift compost pile and continue to grow near the water deposit on the far end of the propery:)
People always ask us why we put our garden wayyyyyyyy out back...but, I kinda like that walk out there...and it's a tranquil spot for Italian Stallion to sit on his bucket on Sunday mornings and weed and pray and just be still for a bit:)
This is our garden, as seen from the road:)
I went and did it again..I have NO heart to "thin" out lettuces...they are such teeny, tiny seeds and they work so hard to push up through the ground...and they blossom into their huge leafy greens...I do not have the heart to yank them in their prime...and therefore, we have bushes of lettuces come this time of year...I believe I delivered 6 gallon bags of lettuces to whomever at church this morning...this picture was taken AFTER I picked all that..so you can imagine how much I had beforehand as well:)
Little Munchkin is the cheerleader for the Sugar Daddy Peas...they aren't fairing as well this year...we had to plant 3 times before they came up...and although we've always had enough to share with bunnies and deer, this year, it seems they wanted them mostly to themselves...and therefore, I'm afraid we'll have a smaller crop than usual...but, they will be tasty all the same!
We're trying our hand at eggplant this year...but, my tummy is already yearning for some zucchini bread!
This is life right now...I still have a bit of editing to go before I finish everything...and we're looking forward to a family trip to Florida in the near future...I've selfishly carved time out to read a couple of marvelously fun, historical novels (I will have to share those with you soon)...until then, we're going to soak up these moments...school is nearly out for the summer...and my girls are itchin' to get the pool! Hubby is heading out to golf this afternoon and I'm reminded again of the charmed life I lead:)










