What?
Who has warts?
What are you talking about?
Yes, well...Little Munchkin apparantly has NO inhibitions and desires to tell everyone about the little warts on her feet...or should I say "FORMER" warts. We've been workin' on those little stinkers for awhile now...I've got to admit, I've never dealt with warts before in my life and then all of a sudden, Sweetpea got one on her heel and then Little Munch's feet went crazy for them...good grief...
But, we are free and clear...after a final floor cleaning and carpet washing, we are now feeling much more comfortable going barefoot in our house once again:)
This is the good news on the homefront because orginally I wanted to entitle this post: My girls are on a Mission...
A mission to WEAR DOWN THEIR MOTHER!
It's only the 2nd day of summer break...
Here's the thing (as if there is a "thing")...the thing is that I now have a 'tween'...now, to those perfect parents out there that do not struggle with anything other than which vegetable to offer at dinner time...to you I plead, don't judge me:)
I've always felt rather confident in the parenting realm with babies, toddlers and through these early elementary years...it's when the kids reach the double digits and hormones kick in and drama ensues...it's at this point that I rather would like to check out...I don't do well with it all...
Italian Stallion has MUCH more patience than I possess, much less exude...
And so, with summer break beginning with a now 5th grader, 3rd grader and wayyyy rambunctous almost 5 year old...I'm embarking on a new season of life...situations and talks and circumstances that haven't been brought up...ever before...
I think I heard my name called at least 56496792123791342333651002 times today...and I had to mediate roughly 856865975431258 sisterly interactions of dramatic proportions that would put the Kardashians to shame (I'm only speculating here:)
And I don't even want to discuss the aftermath of dinner in which they were told to EAT YOUR PEAS! Oh my goodness, I think the emotional tone to that directive was equivalent to being told that we're not going to DisneyWorld while in Florida this year...tears and all...
My children sound tired, cranky and spoiled don't they?
THIS is what I THOUGHT TOO! The frustration lies in the fact that I've NEVER seen them like this before in all their 10 years of living...all of sudden it seems...overnight...and we've got the "she's touching me" cooties and "please quit humming, I need peace and quiet"
Here's the other thing though...
I WILL WIN THIS BATTLE! I am in a battle for their hearts no matter what...yes they may discuss warts in public and they may embarrass me (and themselves I might add) with their annoyances towards each other...but I WILL WIN!
I plan to continue to jot down thoughts as it pertains to this crazy summer...please don't get me wrong...my girls are not awful...in fact, for the most part, they are compassionate, compliant girls...and honestly, sometimes my expectations are too high for an 8 year old to climb to...but, I still have high hopes for them...I want more for them...I want more than just punishment for bad behavior or frustration for not meeting a goal...
their hearts are what I am after...