Friday, November 11, 2011

An Understatement...

to say that I've been busy would be an understatement...

to say that we had "fun" last weekend would be an understatement...

to say that I'm looking forward to the holidays would be an understatement...

I'm apparantly into understatements this evening...it's more because I don't think I can adequately verbalize all the "stuff" going on...both in the real world and in my head:) 

Let me start by saying that I feel utterly privileged and blessed to have the whole photography business-thing.  (I know that is such a professional way to put it, but this is my "family" blog and I don't necessarily speak the Pro-language here...just keepin' it real people)

Anyway, I've been busy this fall...it's been a good busy, but, I'll be honest that it's been a "guilty-mommy" busy too...I'll be frank and say that I don't HAVE to be "working"...I didn't start this photography thing for money, per say...more so because I recognize that there IS life outside of being "mom" and since I enjoyed it so very much (not to mention that I DO like all those nice, expensive lenses AND it's an opportunity to give & have my kiddos involved in it) it became a wonderful outlet for me...it's been a challenging, learning and growing experience...it's given me opportunities that I wouldn't otherwise have had...I've been able to dabble into teaching again and let my girls watch a "mom-entrepreneur" in action...all good things...

edit:  I just want to interject that I'm not writing this to brag or boast or anything about the financial status of our family life...I think it would be better stated, that I'm doing this photography stuff because I knew that God put it in my lap at the time and I just take one step at a time with the whole "venture"

However, on the flip side, I did not expect to be THIS busy...having full schedules on the weekends and editing into the wee hours of the night consistently...well, it's just been "something"...This is the first year that I've had to 'turn people away' and I absolutely HATED to do it...I so love meeting people and new challenges...I'm not trying to complain by any means, I'm just putting it out there why I've been so lax in my "family blog" here of late. 

The girls and I (and Italian Stallion) are all trying to decide on the child we can support and the other World Vision/Compassion opportunities that CTPhotoMemories provides:)  And so, it is with great anticipation that I look forward to my last edit...my last CD burn...and the time when we can go cut down our Christmas tree and not worry about Mommy having to rush back home to drive to another shoot:) 

IN THE MEANTIME...with all this going on, my hubby has been good with making sure I don't completely go insane...and I'm glad he and my sister in law think alike...because she & my brother invited us down to Tennessee with them last weekend for a "brother/sister...cousin" get away...and it was AWESOME....

Thought I'd share a bit...The accomodations were incredible...the kids played like siblings, but even better:)  We did pottery, we carried children on our back through mud and slippery slopes climbed mountains and we swam at the waterpark...it was a good time had by all:)  I'll be posting more pictures over on my facebook page if you want to hop over there too:)







We did water slides, wave pool and Mommy's favorite:  the hot tub:)


The Snake Pool was another favorite...fun times when they decided to open up the doors to the outside...made the water feel like a hot tub at that point...I don't think the daddies or the kiddos cared much at all though:)

Thanks to my brother and sister in law for such an awesome time...we need to do it again...SOON:)