Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful for Dirty Dishes...?

We tease that we lead a "charmed" life...

I mean, if you compare our life to those in 3rd world countries or even those living in the inner city here in the states...OR if I really keep my heart right...the fact that I have a relationship with the Creator of the world...HELLO, I'm RICH!!...

I know, I know...my parents told me that you can always find someone who is better off than you and worse off than you...sometimes it's a matter of perspective...

And yet, how often do I focus on waht I don't have or what I wish I could do...a new camera, ummm fashion sense, a maid, more "stuff" for my kids...the list could go on if I let my mind wander in that wilderness of "want" and "discontent"...

This year I want to choose to be thankful for what I DO have..and not JUST the important things like my God, my parents, my husband, my children, our health...etc..

But for seemingly insignificant things...things that sometimes irritate me to no end...but again, it's that "perspective thing" again...

I'm thankful for dirty dishes in the sink, reminding me that we have plenty of food to eat.

I'm thankful for the laundry strewn all over my couch, it means that we have more than enough clothes to wear and keep us warm.

I'm thankful for polly pockets, calico critters and crafty stuff scattered everywhere...we still have little ones who still enjoy make believe, for this time is short.

I'm thankful for toothpaste stuck in the sink bowl & splashed on the mirror, it means my girls are learning healthy habits & we have the means to keep them growing strong.

I'm thankful for my spotted & matted carpet.... a daily reminder that we are blessed with many friends & family that have come through our doors & children who have wrestled on those floors.

I'm thankful for sippy cups found in hiding places, it means I still have a "baby" who has made this house her home.

And I AM thankful for those big things too...for a husband who takes the time to communicate with me, and tries to "figure me out", even when I must drive him nuts!...for a best friend who never gives up on me...

Thankful for 3 beautiful daughters who each have their own personalities...for Sweetpea, even though we tend to "collide" at times because we are so similar, I am thankful for "I'm sorrys" and sincere "I forgive yous"...for her compassionate heart and her attention to details...

For Peanut who reminds me often to just enjoy LIFE...for her carefree take on things and the way that she just gives her whole heart...

For Lil' Munchkin who keeps me on my toes and reminds me of my daily momemt by moment need to ask for guidance from my heavenly Father:)  For her cute face and way she makes me laugh!

For our parents and their health...for trustworthy and dependable friends who have never left our sides...for a home and the means to give to others...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and "getting ready for Christmas" holiday:)