Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

I love being with my extended family...I enjoy hanging out with my brother & his family...with my sister(s) and my parents...I love sharing in festivities...

However, for some reason, Thanksgiving Day has become a little pocket of time that we've been able to carve out for just our immediate family...We see my side of the family the weekend prior and we see Italian Stallion's family the weekend after...

That leaves the "day of" open...just for us...

We've come to soak in that time together and enjoy our day...

It starts off with the parade on the TV in the morning...usually while working on "crafts" or other things that the girls have "planned for"...this year, we got out the big ole puzzle and started working on it bright and early...


Once Daddy made the trip to the store because,  mommy always forgets something for thanksgiving dinner, he likes the fresh air...the girls and I started on our Thankful Tree and getting all the place settings ready.  Sweetpea's favorite thing is to set up the napkins in some new way each year.





Daddy tackled the bird this time around...he had high hopes of turkey injections and marinades that made your mouth water... (and he did not disappoint:)

I took care of the mashed potatoes:) 

Don't get me wrong...we worked as a team in the kitchen, but if you ask HIM, he'll tell you that HE was the master chef...and that's okay...I'm more of the big picture and "make the table pretty" sort of person...he likes to make sure the food gets cooked...So, like I said...we make a good team:)





The girls did a fabulous job of helping and getting things looking so nice...and the turkey came out delicious...


We thoroughly enjoyed our meal...every last drop:) And Italian Stallion made a large dent in the carrots...his FAVORITE Thanksgiving side dish...(he would even admit it tops the bird...)





While Mommy took pictures and tried to avoid the scraping of dirty dishes and soapy water and Daddy cleaned up the mess, the girls enjoyed another round of Wii Mario Cart (the annual new Wii game that Daddy buys)...




We had much to be thankful for again this year...but for me...

THIS...
 is what makes my heart most grateful...