Did y'all watch Downton Abbey last night?
I have no idea why I suddenly have adopted a southern twang when I obviously want to be everything British...but, it probably is a contributing factor as to why I thought Granny (aka Violet Crawley, Countess of Grantham) threatened Robert to call the nanny and send him to bed without his THUMPER!
As I sat lounging on my couch, with my iphone at the ready, I searched for the year that Bambi was first introduced (knowing full well that Mr. Disney was probably in elementary school during this post-Edwardian era of Downton)...this my friends, is technological advances at it's best!
I was just clueless...did Robert have a toy named "thumper" that he had to sleep with as a boy? Is Bambi a book that is read to young English lads?
And then I did the unimaginable...I posted my inquiry on facebook...because someone else could help connect the dots for me right? There must be many that were perplexed by this admonition from dear Maggie Smith!!!
I'm fortunate that my friends understand my certain lapses in reality...they understand that though my hair has become brown as I've aged, it is still quite BLONDE in nature...
She said SUP-PAH...or in plain American language: SUPPER
She said supper people...
SUPPER...
I must admit that this is quite the blow to the nearly 40 year old who thinks that by growing her hair long she could one day pass for Princess Kate's doppelganger...
I have already watched the entire Season 4 of Downton...I couldn't wait...and when I say watched, I mean that I skipped to the Christmas special so that I wouldn't have any surprises and I could just go on loving Anna & Bates and pray that Barrow got sacked at some point, because who needs a villian in a British soap opera right?
I will be re-watching the season this winter...if only to improve my ability to understand the English language for heavens sake...
And, I still refuse to cut my hair...just yet...
I will not give up hope!!!