Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Nursin' a Bum Knee

So, it figures that while on my last 2 weeks of an exercise program...in which I began because I have a fear of actually looking older than my age in my baby sister's wedding as I"m walking down the aisle in a, albeit beautiful, dress made more for those in the twenty-something range...
(hello run-on sentence)

THAT, I would blow out my knee...

Now, when I say blow out my knee, I don't necessarily mean "blew it out"...I don't really know what that means...however, I will tell you that along with my "normal" cracking & snapping joints, I now have the melodic sound of grinding as I walk, climb stairs or sit down & cross my legs...

it's just a tad irritating (and painful)...

Therefore, Insanity has been put on the back shelf and I've begun eating a regime of green smoothies, oatmeal and the occasional half tub of cookie dough (because we all know that sugar has to be good for something otherwise God wouldn't have made it)

It's also that time of year where I get antsy and want to do projects...(as if that's different from any other time of year..)

I've been working on my photography blog (I actually paid to have some work done for me to get a whole new hosted site, BIG step for me!)...however, I've been waiting a bit for that to actually happen, so I'm trying to find other things to occupy my time...

So, I've been stalking goodreads.com and slurpin' down books like a white chocolate mocha (which actually sounds REALLY good right about now...it would go well with my dish of cookie dough:)

Did I happen to mention that our THREE year project of finishing the basement has finally gotten under way again?  yep...we're just getting finished up with the mudding and taping and then I'll get to go balistic on all my ideas from pinterest...

(oh, and when I say "we", I actually mean the guys we had come in and "fix" the "uniquely un-level" walls...I think it bugs Italian Stallion, but I told him that it gives it character, not to mention that it saved us money:)

Here and there I've been sewing, drawing, writing, shopping for clothes that my girls keep outgrowing, scrapbooking, reading, and attempting to keep the main floor of our house clutter free (that continues to be a work in progress)...and have we discussed Downton Abbey?

No?

Oh my...you must first understand that I'm not a TV watcher...I don't really watch anything...not even the news (much to my husband's chagrin, as he has to inform of the days events...and pretty much the nation's events as I sound completely incompetent when I try to engage in conversations with others)

I read a few blogs, but really, I don't watch a lot of anything...

Enter DOWNTON ABBEY...

Although I do believe I would never have survived the era of outdoor bathrooms, non-electric washing machines and candles for light, I do adore the fashion and simplicity...I think I just like to stare at the pretty dresses and hair styles of the time.  With every TV show, there are some episodes that have storylines that I think they just threw in there to make it "politically-correct" and really aren't my taste at all, but on the whole, compared to everything else that is out there, this show is just lovely!  For those that haven't seen it, you can get yourselves caught up at www.simplyjune.org and watch it all there...

The author of that blog (June), has another series that she recommends (again, a PBS/British program) called "Calling the Midwife"...I'm a little intrigued, so I might be checking that out whilst D.A. decides how they're going to fix the mess they've created with killing off some of my favorite characters:( but, I'm okay as long as they all keep talking with a British accent:)

That's it for now...I need to find my "groove" again with writing, so I beg that you bear with me as I locate my "voice"...amidst my everyday life...

sincerely,
me