To My Italian Stallion (whom I know just LOVES this little blog name I've created for him)
Yes, I realize that that sounds extremely self-centered and I think you know me well enough that it takes me a couple of times around the barn to get to my point...and you know that's not what I am aiming at...
You constantly tell me about all my "so-called" wonderful qualities and contributions to our family...you know my love of words and desire to feel safe, cherished & valued...
however, I want to take this day...this anniversary of the day of your birth to focus on all that YOU are and the reason I am even able to be who I was created to be...
You are someone who, from the very beginning, tends to put my needs before your own...it humbles me...the way, that even when we are arguing, you have a calming way to look at the situation from my point of view (even when I don't reciprocate) and yet, you stand firm in the way you lead me and our family...you know how to let me know that we may not be going with MY plan, but that doesn't mean you don't value it...
The way that weekends are fun because you are with our girls...and it's genuine...you are never trying to "get away", but rather creating ways to be together...even in the mundane...
The way you r patient beyond measure...I swear God put a lot of extra ounces of patience into your body the day you were born...I am not fearful that you will run out, because you remind me where your heart lies and on Whom you depend, from Whom you get that strength.
The way you relax us all and remind us what life is truly all about...so that we don't get so caught up in the drama and self-centered thinking...
You are definitely the introvert to my extrovert...and though you aren't necessarily energized by people, you always make time for them...I admire the way that others listen when you speak, because they know you are a man of integrity and compassion.
I can't imagine life without you...you make me want to strive hard and show love more, to give grace and be generous...because you choose those attitudes and actions. I know you would downplay all this and I know you aren't perfect :) It would be way too hard if you were...
I'm just in awe that you chose me...We have now officially gotten to the point where we've known each other longer than we haven't...my life is filled with moments that have you in them :)
Happy Birthday my love, my best friend...I love you :)

.jpg)



